Last updated October 20, 2018
How We Protect You
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you if you use our website, fill out forms on our website or on paper at events, or use any of our web-based products or services. The types of personal information we collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contact details, such as name, title, company name, email address, phone number, and mailing address
- Taxpayer ID numbers (including social security numbers in the case of sole proprietors)
- Credit card information processed by our payment processor (Blue Roof Property Management does not retain your full credit card information)
- Personalization information including, but not limited to, an uploaded profile photo
- Details about your interest in our products and services
- Responses to surveys, polls, or assessments
- Information collected automatically from our website visitors including, but not limited to, your IP address, web browser, language, operating system, the date and time you accessed our website, and the link from which you accessed our website.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To deliver services, products, or transactions that you have requested
- To improve our website, including upgrading security measures
- To send you promotional materials or communications regarding our content and services that we feel may be of interest to you
- To evaluate the products and services that we offer and develop new or improved products or services and to better understand Blue Roof Property Management’s business environment
- For educational purposes, such as polls conducted in webinars
- To conduct general research on topics of interests to Blue Roof Property Management and its customers
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your information for any of these purposes with the following individuals and entities:
- Services used by Blue Roof Property Management to aid our ability to provide the best possible experience to you.
- Blue Roof Property Management may need to share your information for law enforcement or other legal purposes. This type of sharing may be necessary in connection with a lawsuit, claim or investigation, governmental inquiry, court order, enforcement of legal rights (e.g., contract terms, intellectual property rights, etc.), safety issue, or other similar legal or security matter. Sharing your information for these reasons is not a regular event, but could arise from time to time. We will strive to limit the types and amount of information we may need to share for legal purposes to that which is reasonably necessary.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Blue Roof Property Management retains personal information for as long as we have a legitimate business relationship with you or with an organization with which you are affiliated (such as your employer). We may also retain personal information about prospective customers or prospective employees until we determine that it is unlikely that we will provide you with services and/or employ you. We also may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal or contractual obligations.
If you do not want to receive promotional or marketing communications from Blue Roof Property Management, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our emails. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will retain your contact information to ensure that we do not contact you again.
If you are located in the European Union, you may have the following legal rights under European Union law:
- To withdraw consent at any time, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent
- To access the personal information Blue Roof Property Management has about you
- To request that Blue Roof Property Management rectify or erase your personal information
- To request that Blue Roof Property Management restrict the way it uses your personal information
- To object to the way Blue Roof Property Management uses your personal information
- To ask Blue Roof Property Management to transfer your personal information to someone else
- To lodge a complaint with a data protection agency in the European Union
EU residents that would like to request that their data be securely removed from our systems please follow these steps outlined in our Data Removal Process. If you are unable to remove the data please send a request to privacy@BlueRoof PM.com and Blue Roof Property Management will remove all relevant data, so long as that removal is technically feasible, does not impact the accounting or business practices of our customers, and does not violate other regulatory or legal standards with which Blue Roof Property Management must comply.
Data Protection Addendum
Follow this link to the Data Protection Addendum which includes all required terms for GDPR compliance, plus Standard Contractual Clauses which serve as a safeguard to govern transfers of personal data out of the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
Blue Roof Property Management uses a number of security technologies and procedures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not overcome these measures and gain access to your information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Blue Roof Property Management disclaims any warranty or guarantee that your information will be protected from misuse, appropriation, alteration, or loss.
Links to External Websites
Cookies We Use
If you have questions about how we handle your personal data, please contact us by phone or email.